Sunday, September 22, 2019

9A - Testing the Hypothesis

Who: Throughout my interviews, I found that people who do not have children would fall outside the boundary. Although they might have close friends with children, since they are not directly affected by students facing mental illnesses, they might not see the opportunity as much as parents would. I interviewed my parents friends without children, and although they may believe that extra support for college students would be a great idea, they did not see the opportunity as much as parents do. 
Other adults I interviewed without children stated that they have nephews/nieces in college that caused them to see the opportunity here.

What: One of the interviewees stated that the mental health problem in our country is so large that a single company might not be the solution to all of our problems in regards to this issue. Therefore, reevaluating the opportunity may be necessary.

Why: The need is not different, some people may just not feel directly close to the opportunity. 

Inside the Boundary                                   Outside the Boundary
Who:                                         College students                                                Adults who do not                                                         who are affected by mental illness                    have children
 
What:                                      To increase support and                                     To eliminate mental 
                                                resources for students dealing                           illness completely
                                                 with mental illnesses 

Why:                                       Mental illness is a huge issue                            Not everyone may feel                                                                                                                              directly affected by it 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Ava,

    After reading your post, I am a little bit confused. I think that helping people with mental health issues is a great opportunity, but the boundaries you have gone over are a little broad. In your last post, you talk about supporting new college students in their transition to a new life stage. Perhaps focus on this, and consider the groups of college students who have this need, what they would benefit from, and why.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ava,
    I think that it is a little unclear who you are targeting with this idea. If college students are the ones who will be using the service, then they are your target market, not their parents. I think in this case the people who fall outside of your target are those who do not suffer from mental illness or organizational issues. Overall, I think you have a great idea, but it is important to clarify who will be using the service versus who will not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ava,
    I feel that outside the boundary for the who should be students who have not attended college. Even though I see where you were going with the idea of parents since it is the opposite of college students. Overall, I think your idea of the hypothesis is great I think the revision of your outside of the boundary would benefit your idea.

    ReplyDelete