Thursday, October 3, 2019

14A - halfway reflection

1) Tenaciousness is a competency. What are the behaviors that you have used (or developed) to keep up with the requirements of this course? 
The behaviors that I have used to keep up with the requirements for this course are hard work and time management. Since there is a lot of work in this class, time management is very important in order to get all of the work done and not miss the deadlines. Since the deadlines are in the middle of the day, I usually get the assignments done ahead of time so I do not miss it. Doing so makes the class way easier to manage. 
2) Tenaciousness is also about attitude. Talk about a moment or two when you felt like "giving up." What pulled you through? Do you feel like you've developed a tenacious attitude during the past two months? What experience or experiences most contributed to this?
Recently during exam week, I had 3 exams to study for while also trying to juggle obligations with the organizations I'm involved in on campus. Therefore, it was very stressful to get everything done and manage my time correctly so I felt like "giving up." However, I reminded myself that it was only temporary and that I would be happier in the end if I tried my best right now. I feel like I have developed a tenacious attitude during the past two months from this class especially. Being creative and managing my time effectively have definitely helped me develop a more tenacious attitude during this busy time. 
3) Three tips. What are three tips you would offer next semester's student about (1) fostering the skills that support tenacity and (2) developing the 'tenacious mindset' ?
1. I recommend getting the assignments done early in this class to avoid missing the deadlines. 
2. In order to develop a tenacious mindset, I recommend giving 110% on all assignments and trying your best. 
3. I recommend picking an opportunity that you believe in and are passionate about since many of the assignments build off your idea.


Image result for inspirational quotes

4 comments:

  1. I really like your three tips and feel like each one is valuable. Getting your assignments done days before they're due really makes you feel a lot less stressed! I also was in the same situation as you when you talked about exam week, I had 2 exams back to back and worked every day leading up to them. But with tenacity we can accomplish things we never thought we could.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ava,
    I completely agree with the points you made about tenaciousness and the other qualities that go along with it. For this class in particular, time management is very important. I like how you pointed out the fact that the deadlines are in the middle of the day because this is something that people need to remember. I have found myself missing deadlines as a result of not planning ahead of time. I also like your tip to pick an opportunity that interests you. Since so many assignments are based off this opportunity, choosing something about which you are passionate makes them easier to complete.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Ava,
    I have also used my time management skills to keep up with the requirements of this course. I believe it is important to space things out and not leave things for the last minute, if you want the quality of your work to be good. I really like the picture of the quote you chose, it is a cold hard fact and a good reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Post Ava. I definitely agree with the behavior of time management if you don’t stay on top of this class it will get away from you especially with the due dates being on random days with times at noon unlike any other class I have had. I do like that we do have the opportunity to work ahead in this class that does help.

    ReplyDelete