Tuesday, October 15, 2019

16A- What's your Secret Sauce

1. Describe five ways in which you think you have human capital that is truly unique.
  • kindness - I am a very caring person and I always try to be nice to everyone and make everyone feel included and cared for. 
  • honesty - I am very honest and always give information directly instead of avoiding the problem.
  • authenticity - I am a very genuine person, and I have good intentions behind my actions.
  • compassion - I love being there for my friends and others and I think I put myself in other people's shoes very well. Also, I am not judgmental 
  • organized - I always get my work done on time, usually ahead of time. 
2.  Interview the five people who know you the best.

https://soundcloud.com/user-973304645/nw-3rd-ave
  • Kendall is one of my best friends and my roommate so she knows me very well. She talked about how I am good at using technology, and that I go above and beyond for my friends. 
https://soundcloud.com/user-973304645/new-recording-6
  • My mom talked about how I always go above and beyond for my friends, and how I have high expectations of others as a result. She also talked about how I am a very hard worker. 
https://soundcloud.com/user-973304645/new-recording-3

  • My dad talked about how I am very driven and focused. I accomplish tasks on time and expect others to do the same.
https://soundcloud.com/user-973304645/new-recording
  • Katherine is one of my best friends and she said that I am very positive, happy, and an easy going person. Also, she said that I am open minded, but stand up for what I believe in.

https://soundcloud.com/user-973304645/interview5tiffany
  • Tiffany is one of my best friends and roommates and she talked about how I am understanding and considerate of others. Also, she talked about how I get along with everyone and am focused in school. Tiffany also mentioned how I am a fast learner.
3) Reflect on the differences

The way I see myself and the way others see me is very similar. I view myself as a genuine hard working person and my friends and family think so as well. I think my interviewees are correct about me since I also believe I possess these qualities. I would not make any corrections to my list. I believe it is accurate in describing who I am, and my interviews just support my views.

7 comments:

  1. I like all of the points you made about your human capital. I think honesty is something I struggle with, because I hate to hurt peoples feelings but it's never good to just sugar coat things! I think what your friends and parents said about you matches well with what you think of yourself. I also used organization to describe myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Ava,
    I think you have great characteristics in being a successful entrepreneur. Being organized is essential when owning business because if not, you might lose money that could have been saved. I also had organization as one of my traits. I believe that honesty with yourself is important because you don't want to be blindsided when a problem comes up in starting a business.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ava,
    The assets you listed that contribute to your human capital are very important personality traits because they are things that cannot be trained. In a job setting, new skills can be acquired, but these personality traits cannot. According to your interviews, it sounds like your family and friends view you in a very positive manner. I am glad that you were able to identify these traits within yourself, even before conducting the interviews. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Ava,
    In your interviews your friends displayed how much you help others which is an important aspect for entrepreneurship. Another great aspect to have that your roommate Kendall said was technology, with times changing is has become more and more important to be able to know how to use it. Overall all your interviews display many characteristics that contribute to human capital.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ava, I think that the similarities between what you see in yourself and how others see you are a testament not only to how well you know yourself but also how well others know you. I think your particular skill of being organized is especially important for this class, as assignments and lectures are scheduled on a regular basis and it is easy to fall behind on them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lot of the traits that you have would definitely be perfect for this class. I definitely share the compassion and authenticity that you have with others. I care about others and tend to formulate my actions as to not negatively impacting them. Like you, I'd do almost anything for my friends because those are the people who are going to stick by your side in rough times and push you through them. It's great to be easy-going because it allows you to have new experiences and be easy to adapt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ava,
    I think that the similarities between what you see in yourself and how others see you speaks volumes of your character and the person that your truley are. The assets you listed that contribute to your human capital are important personality traits because they cannot be trained. Having a characteristic instilled within is always a plus when trying to deal with people. Customers can tell if your really care for the best thing for them. Great post!

    ReplyDelete