Opportunity:
My service serves the unmet need of resources for college students. Adjusting to college life can be difficult for many students and I personally believe there is a lack of resources and support for students who are on their own for the first time. The customers would all be students usually from ages 17-23. I do not want the focus to just be toward students with mental health issues, but for any struggling student that is going through a difficult time. Therefore, the customer base would all be students. Since everyone going to college has never been on their own before and away from family, I believe they all have similar struggles in college that can be addressed in a positive way.
Innovation:
Therefore, my company/nonprofit organization would focus on providing the support necessary for students. More specifically, the organization would have a range of services from one on one appointments with psychologists, group therapy, stress/time management classes. The setback I faced based on my interviews was if we would have sufficient funds to make this organization successful since salaries for psychologists could be expensive.
The three minor elements:
- Our most important resource will be the unique classes and psychiatrists that are provided for students.
- Whats next? we can provide new classes that help the college students adjust.
- I would like to have created a successful, profitable business that helps many college students improve their overall mental health and happiness.
Hi Ava, I have enjoyed following you venture along I think you have a great idea. It is so nerve racking for these college kids to leave home at such a young age and have no sort of assistance. I like you idea to provide new classes in your three minor elements I think adding a class into their current curriculum to assist with having them adjust to this new lifestyle would be beneficial.
ReplyDeleteHi Ava,
ReplyDeleteI really like the concept you have put together, and I think that it is general enough to create multiple profit-earning services. I agree that you will encounter a great number of start-up costs in addition to the regular salaries that will need to be paid. Psychiatrists can be expensive, but the services they provide can have great, lasting impacts on people’s health and happiness.
Hello Ava,
ReplyDeleteI think your future plans for you business of providing classes for college students to adjust is a great idea. I believe that if having this class actually happens, the money students use to pay for the class can help you pay the psychologists for private sessions with other students in need of improving their mental health. Overall, great job on this post!
Hey Ava, I'm a big fan of your idea to provide wellness services to college students. One aspect I particularly liked was how you are planning on offering a wide variety of services, not just one on one counseling. Depending on the issue at hand, certain methods of therapy can be more effective than others. I think it would be really cool to see this idea come to fruition.
ReplyDeleteHi Ava,
ReplyDeleteI really enjoy reading about your plans for your unmet need because of how influential it is for college students. An aspect I really enjoyed was how you are planing to offer such a wide variety of recourses and services. There are certain forms of therapy that are more helpful than other due to whatever the issue is at hand.