Wednesday, November 13, 2019

26A- Celebrating Failure

1) This semester I was a participant in HLC (Heavener leadership challenge). After graduating from the program as a participant, we have the option to apply to become a facilitator, which help run the program. I love HLC, so I wanted to apply to become a facilitator to continue my involvement in the program. However, there were only two spots open for this Spring, so I did not receive an interview for the position. 
2) I learned that sometimes you can't get everything you apply for, but if we really want it, we can try to improve and try again. Therefore, since I did not receive an interview for the facilitator position this semester, I am going to keep applying and try my best to get it next semester. 
3) I look at failure as a learning experience. If everything was handed to us, we would not learn from our experiences and we would not be able to improve. Growing and improving are critical parts of life as we get older. Therefore, I am disappointed when I fail because it is hard at times, but I don't usually give up easily when I fail because I know there is always room for improvement. This class has changed my perspective on failure because I realized that in the business world, we are bound to fail and make mistakes. How we learn from our failures determines how we do in the future. I am definitely more likely to take a risk now because of this class. I am going to try to go out of my box and apply for things even if I'm not sure I will get it.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Ava,
    I have had similar experiences in college where I have applied for positions and did not receive interviews. This is a challenging thing to accept, especially because you were looking forward to your involvement in the program. I admire that you plan to apply again rather than giving up. That shows your dedication to HLC, and hopefully they will recognize that the next time around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Ava,
    I agree with what Jennifer said, applying for the same position with truly show your dedication to the program. Failure is definitely a learning experience and it is important to look at it that and not dwell on the negativity. I believe that everything happens for a reason and if a door closes on you, its because it wasn't meant to be yet or maybe never.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ava,
    I have had similar experiences in college where I have applied for positions and did not receive interviews, everyone has. There has been a point where I have gotten to the final interview for a job position and have not gotten it. You have to pick your head up and keep moving forward. Keep on applying, you"ll get your shot eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ava,
    I really enjoyed your number 3 statement, it is so true that we cannot grow without failure. Without failure we don't see what we can improve on and how we can better ourselves overall. I learned a lot from my first semester at University of Florida and how much harder I need to push myself to see what I am capable of.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ava,
    Your attitude towards failure will allow. you to grow and achieve great things. I don't think there's such thing as failure its. more like it wasn't meant to be. If we reflected on all of our "failures" we would see that three a lesson behind that event or it simply was not meant for us. Keep striving to reach our goals.

    ReplyDelete