1) What was the general theme or argument of the book?
I read the book The Art of Social Media: Power Tips for Power Users by Guy Kawasaki. The general theme of the book was how to effectively use social media platforms.
2) How did the book, in your opinion, connect with and enhance what you are learning in ENT 3003?
The book connected with what we are learning in ENT 3003 because social media is a crucial tool to have when having your own business. Effectively using social media can significantly increase the number of customers your business has, so this book connected really well to this class.
3) If you had to design an exercise for this class, based on the book you read, what would that exercise involve?
If i had to design an exercise for this class based on the book, I would have an exercise that has students practice using social media based on the methods discussed in the book. Doing so can put the practices into action so it can be learned better.
4) What was your biggest surprise or 'aha' moment when reading the book? In other words, what did you learn that differed most from your expectations?
One of the biggest "aha" moments i had when reading the book was when Kawasaki explained that we should have a picture, graphic, or video with every social media post. It surprised me because I never thought that a visual aspect to the post would be important to grab your audiences attention. Therefore, I found this tip very useful.
Hello Ava,
ReplyDeleteI like your idea about a possible exercise to have in this class. Social media is something all students use so the assignment would be relatable and fun to do. I agree that having a social media for your business can help you expand the range of your customers and reaching out to them. It can also engage them by being active in the account and doing Q&A's like on Instagram.
Hi Ava, I think the exercise you came up with would be a great idea to use in this class or a marketing class. Social media is a marketing tool many companies are using now to reach a specific crowd. I agree with the use of graphics to grab the audience when someone is scrolling on there phone it is normally some sort of picture that will grab their attention to have them stop and look at the post.
ReplyDeleteAva,
ReplyDeleteFrom reading your post I was able to get a good idea of what Guy Kawasaki was trying to communicate when he wrote The Art of Social Media: Power Tips for Power Users. You were able to ie in the book to this class and came up with a creative exercise for students to do. Practice makes perfect and making sure students practice using social media platforms can be viewed as a key to success. Great job!
Hi Ava,
ReplyDeleteI also read this book and found it to be very interesting considering how invested our generation is in social media. I found your exercise to pertain very well to the concept of the book because it is necessary to pair actions with practice for further reinforcement. I think you were able to successfully explain the concept and general idea of the book while also explaining your own personal opinion.
Ava,
ReplyDeleteI also read this book for my second reflection, I thought it was great! I see that you're like me you blog is simple, like a novice blogger. I felt the book really helps the reader understand the importance of social media and how to make it work for you. his techniques were simple enough to try. I hope it taught you as much as it taught me about social media and its influence.