Opportunity:
My service serves the unmet need of resources for college students. Adjusting to college life can be difficult for many students and I personally believe there is a lack of resources and support for students who are on their own for the first time. The customers would all be students usually from ages 17-23. I do not want the focus to just be toward students with mental health issues, but for any struggling student that is going through a difficult time. Therefore, the customer base would all be students. Since everyone going to college has never been on their own before and away from family, I believe they all have similar struggles in college that can be addressed in a positive way.
Innovation:
Therefore, my company/nonprofit organization would focus on providing the support necessary for students. More specifically, the organization would have a range of services from one on one appointments with psychologists, group therapy, stress/time management classes. The setback I faced based on my interviews was if we would have sufficient funds to make this organization successful since salaries for psychologists could be expensive.
The three minor elements:
- Our most important resource will be the unique classes and psychiatrists that are provided for students.
- Whats next? we can provide new classes that help the college students adjust.
- I would like to have created a successful, profitable business that helps many college students improve their overall mental health and happiness.
2) The feedback I received from my previous venture concept description was all positive. All of the student responses said that they really liked the idea and thought it would be a great help to students. Moreover, the feedback from my "What's next" exercise was also positive. All of the responses said they liked my alternative idea of helping the elderly and that it might be an even better market than helping college students since elderly people sometimes have more money than college students.
3) I didn't change my venture concept a lot since I received positive feedback. However, the feedback made me more confident in my idea and gave me hope that it could be successful in the future.
4)
Hello Ava,
ReplyDeleteI also received more positive than negative feedback, so it was hard to change things because I couldn't see where my mistakes were. I am happy that all your interviews opened your eyes about the need to pay the expensive psychologist when you have a non-profit organization. One thing you can do it have fundraisers that the students could themselves.
Ava,
ReplyDeleteYes don't change your. concept! your idea is perfect and I know you will accomplish it. This type of shrive is needed in college for so many reasons. College students have so much pressure as they are embarking in a new journey with little direction. Plus this journey. has several trial and tribulations that having a support system would allow students to excel and achieve more.
Hi Ava,
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed reading your first venture concept and I am glad you chose not to change it a lot. It appears you know exactly what is needed for you unmet need and that is exactly what you have done throughout the whole semester. It showed in your first venture concept that you are very well knowledges prior to this class in mental health. You show your passion for helping college students within your solution.
Hi Ava,
ReplyDeleteI am glad you received all positive reviews on your venture concept I think its a great idea. I like how much you care for not only the young generation but the older ones as well.
Ava,
ReplyDeleteI am glad to see that you have stuck to your idea. It appears you know exactly what is needed for you unmet need which is something that not every person running a business can say. You are able to show the passion you have for helping college students within your solution and that helps you connect with your audience even more.